CyberSenseSix is a new program specifically for sixth grade students.
By sixth grade, most students have a smart phone and 50% are active on one or more social networks. This is also the year that many students experience challenges caused by emotional, social and physical change.
CyberSenseSix is an engaging, entertaining assembly program which grabs the attention of the students and provides essential information in a memorable way. It can be presented as an assembly to the whole grade or throughout the day to smaller groups/classes.
An accompanying parent's program is also available which can be presented in the evening or as a daytime coffee meeting.
Students at risk...
Access to technology provides our children with great benefits. However, students and parents need to be educated about safe and responsible use of devices. Consider:
- A north Texas middle school girl was abducted and raped by a man she met on the popular messaging app, Kik.
- The suicide rate of middle school children has doubled in the last ten years.
- At a Texas middle school, naked photos of several seventh grade female students were found on a boy's phone. After further investigation it was discovered that almost every boy in the grade also had the same photos on their phones.
- According to a 2018 study, 1 in 4 teens has received a sexually explicit text (sext) and 1 in 7 admitted to sending them.
- 80 percent of teens admitted to using their phones when they were supposed to be sleeping. Almost half of all teens are now classified as sleep-deprived.
- The new "David's Law" makes cyberbullying illegal in Texas and school districts are required to beef up their bullying policies.
"Think Before You Click!"
James Munton's hugely entertaining CyberSenseSix program does not use PowerPoint slides or boring videos. Instead, James directly engages the audience using comedy, magic and storytelling to convey a large amount of information in a packed 45-minute presentation.
In the CyberSenseSix assembly program, students will:
- Learn how important it is to control their online presence.
- Learn how difficult it is to take back photos and messages posted online.
- See how a careless comment or photo can affect college admission, job opportunities, and social relationships.
- See how social media can become addictive and unhealthy.
- Understand that each one of them has a role to play in eradicating cyberbullying.
- Learn the negative effects of too much screen-time and the importance of getting enough sleep.
- Discover how to create the perfect password!
- Adopt the CyberSense mindset and "Think Before They Click!"
The topics are presented in an age-appropriate way. Students retain the information long after he leaves and will never forget the central message to "Think Before You Click!"
Watch the video above to see how James works his magic!
Easy to Arrange
The program is easy for schools to book and present. For more details, please visit the FAQ page...
Call our office today to check available dates - 1-888-773-2155 or use the contact form...
Arbor Hills Middle School
“In 22 years of teaching I have seen hundreds of assemblies and you were by far the best! The kids were attentive and involved, they learned a lot… thank you!”